Women's History Month is an annual observance celebrated in March to recognize and honor the contributions of women to history, culture, and society. While the month is a great opportunity to learn about the countless women who have made a difference, it's also an important time to reflect on how far we've come (and how far we have yet to go) in achieving gender equity. One important place where we can focus our efforts is in the workplace.
Why is it so important to celebrate Women's History Month in the workplace?
- Observing Women's History Month at work is an opportunity to recognize the contributions that women have made to not only to the workplace, but to society, as well. By recognizing their achievements, companies can create a culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equality.
- Celebrating Women's History Month can help to promote gender equity and support women in the workplace. Women have historically faced barriers and discrimination in the workplace, including lower pay, fewer opportunities for advancement, and a lack of representation in leadership roles. March is a great opportunity for companies to raise awareness of these issues and commit to taking action to address them in their own offices.
- Participating in celebrations during these important months can help to create a more positive and supportive workplace culture. When employees feel valued and recognized, they're more likely to be engaged and motivated in their work. By celebrating the contributions of women to the workplace, companies can help to foster a culture of respect and appreciation for all employees, regardless of gender.
So, how can companies celebrate Women's History Month? Here are a few ideas:
- Women's History Month Trivia: Celebrate the women at your company through our fun and fast-paced Trivia game! Over three rounds, participants will answer questions highlighting some of the most influential women throughout history and their accomplishments. Book now!
- Women in the Workplace: A Networking Event: In honor of Women’s History Month, we’ve added an event for the ladies and all who champion them! Through carefully crafted prompts and engaging activities, all participants will leave with a newfound appreciation of their female coworkers and learn from their experiences in a professional and fun setting. Book now!
When you book one of our Women’s History Month events, ZogCulture will donate a percent of the proceeds to global nonprofit, Catalyst, an organization committed to building workplaces that work for women.
If you’d like to get in touch with ZogCulture to host inclusive teambuilding events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo from www.canva.com.